Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Twitter or Facebook?

If you've been following me on Facebook, you might have noticed a lot of new posts by me interspersed with @ signs and # signs. And if you're not a Twitter user, you might have wondered what's up.

I have a presence on both Facebook and Twitter, and I recently discovered that I could link the two so all my tweets automatically get posted to my Facebook pages. I'd forgotten I'd checked that little box until I visited my Facebook page and saw dozens of tweets listed!

For some reason, it has been easier for me to gain followers on Twitter than on Facebook, and lately they've been signing up to follow me at a rate of 10-12 per day. It's allowed me more of an opportunity to interact with readers and other authors, and also to get the word out about the Book 'Em North Carolina Writers Conference and Book Fair.

I've also been on a book tour that has blogs appearing all over the world about my newest book release, The Pendulum Files. It's been a lot of fun and one lucky follower of my tour will win a beautiful Celtic cross necklace. The book features Irish CIA operative Dylan Maguire, which is why I love giving away Celtic jewelry. It's a romantic suspense and a political thriller and it's been getting some rave reviews. Visit my website at www.pmterrell.com to download a chapter if you're not familiar with my writing.

Are you a fan of Twitter or Facebook? Which do you prefer, and why? And how do you like to connect with your favorite authors?

To follow my tour, check out the tour stops here:
http://goddessfishpromotions.blogspot.com/2014/04/virtual-book-tour-pendulum-files-by-pm.html