Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Work in Progress - Book Events

I've been asked many times by authors participating in a Book 'Em event, how they can do the same thing in their community. The Book 'Em Foundation was set up to allow only one event per state, and we try to space them far enough apart so they don't compete against one another.

It takes me an entire year to prepare for a Book 'Em North Carolina Writers Conference and Book Fair. Sometimes when I look at my writing commitments, my volunteer commitments and my editorial commitments, it boggles my mind how I manage to do it all. But then, I don't have children at home and I long ago sacrificed my private life to my commitments.

If you're curious what I do all year long to prepare for Book 'Em, check out this post that ran last Friday on Book 'Em's blogspot: http://bookemnc.blogspot.com/2014/01/book-em-north-carolina-how-it-happened.html

Meanwhile, I am trying to get the final edits done on The Pendulum Files so I can possibly have some advance copies available for the Book 'Em event. The official release date is March 17!