Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tuesday Teaser - Wrapping Up

My next book, The Pendulum Files, is due to be released this March and I am spending this week finishing up the last of the edits. When my first suspense was published, it took more than a year for the book to go from the editing phase to the bookshelves. Now it seems the process has sped up like supersonic jets. Sometimes the book cover is completed and online before I am halfway finished writing the first draft.

This year I have committed to finishing three manuscripts: the first, the one I am editing now, is still scheduled for release on March 17, 2014.

The second will be the sequel to The Tempest Murders, which placed as one of four finalists in the 2013 USA Best Book Awards. The Tempest Murders has also been nominated for the 2014 International Book Awards. I have pieces of the plot in my mind and the general outline has already been done and accepted. The target date for publication if I meet all my deadlines is the fall of 2014.

The third book is the 6th in the Black Swamp Mysteries series, which has Vicki and Dylan returning to Ireland for their honeymoon. Of course, things will not go as planned and Vicki will find out exactly what Dylan's Mam meant when she said that "in Ireland, the veil is thin"!

Just a few years ago, I couldn't imagine writing three books in one year. But like anything, I have found that the more I write (which is every day) the faster the writing becomes. And my editors tell me that they have fewer edits each time around, which I hope means I am getting better.